Manticore Search is a F/OSS solution for search built in C++ that is blazing fast. With impressive benchmarks, an easy API and great documentation, it's a great choice for your next search project.
🚀 Project of the day: Manticore Search
Manticore Search (code) is a F/OSS Search Engine built in C++ with some eye watering performance and efficiency.
Manticore claims to be reproducibly:
- 182x faster than MySQL for small data
- 29x faster than Elasticsearch for log analytics
- 15x faster than Elasticsearch for small dataset
- 5x faster than Elasticsearch for medium-size data
- 4x faster than Elasticsearch for big data
- up to 2x faster max throughput than Elasticsearch's for data ingestion on a single server
Quite impressive – and if you're worried about getting the most out of Manticore, there's also subscription-based paid support that you can take advantage of.
If you're building a new search project, you owe it to yourself to give Manticore a try!